I am in H1B and am sponsoring my mother’s B-2 application. By the time she goes for “stamping” I will have moved to a new employer. Will this create a problem for her B-2 case?


A B-2 application is made by the individual seeking to visit the U.S. There may be an invitation from a person in the U.S. and there can also be an affidavit of support (I-134 form). The change to a new H1B employer should not impact the B-2 application, as long as status and employment are maintained. (13.Jul.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.