Can I change to a new H1B employer while my spouse’s COS to H-4 is pending?


Yes, the H-4 is spouse-specific, not specific to your spouse’s job. So, as long as the H1B is maintained, the other spouse is eligible to apply for and receive the H-4 (and, if qualified, an H-4 EAD). (03.Aug.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.