I was terminated from my H1B job 4 weeks ago and am still in the U.S. Is it still possible to initiate H1B transfer?


Yes, the H1B can be filed by the new employer even after 4 weeks of unemployment. The issue is how to regain H1B status. This normally cannot be done from within the U.S. when there has been a status lapse. It usually is necessary to go for consular processing. A consultation with your attorney would be helpful on these issues. Attorneys at the Murthy Law Firm are also available to consult on these matters. (10.Aug.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.