After moving from H1B to H-4 status, how can I later return to H1B?


In most situations, it is necessary for an employer to file an H1B petition. This filing would request a change of status from H-4 to H1B, and would be cap exempt (assuming the prior H1B was cap subject and that you still have H1B time remaining.) This could be filed by the old employer or someone new. (01.Feb.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.