Can I qualify for an H1B job based on a 3-year degree and 22 years of work experience? What about a person with work experience, but no degree?


The answer is maybe. An H1B worker needs the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s in a related field. It is possible to combine education and experience to equate to the degree OR to just qualify based upon experience. The education would have to be reviewed along with the experience to see; but the general rule is that 3 years of relevant work experience counts as 1 year of college. (15.Feb.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.