Can I enter the U.S. in H-4 status if I am 6 to 7 months pregnant?


Yes, a person who is visibly pregnant is allowed to enter the U.S. in H-4 status. This is not the same as a person on a tourist visa just trying to get U.S. citizenship and/or U.S. medical services for the baby. It is important to check with one’s doctor as to whether flight is safe, and check with the airline about restriction on traveling. (06.Jul.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.