I am in my 6th year of H1B, and will soon change to H-4 and apply for an EAD. If I find an employer to sponsor me for a green card, can I then change back from H-4 to H1B?


Potentially, it is possible to change back to H1B from H-4 after completing most of the six-year period. If the GC is far enough along to qualify the beneficiary to extend H1B status beyond 6 years, this change of status to H1B would be possible as a cap-exempt case. (13.Jul.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.