20 Apr 2017

NewsFlash! Only Final Action Dates Can Be Used in May 2017

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that only the cutoff dates in the 'final action' (FA) chart of the May 2017 Visa Bulletin may be used for purposes of applying for adjustment of status. This applies to both employment-based and family-based cases....

03 Apr 2017

My I-485 petition was just approved. However, my pending application request for a change in status from H1B to H-4 is still pending. What should I do?

Answer Generally speaking, an I-485 applicant becomes a permanent resident upon the approval of the I-485. In that situation, a pending application to change status to H-4 becomes moot. Nothing needs to be done, as that application should ultimately be denied by the USCIS for that...

live chat software