I am about to complete my 6th year in H1B. If I leave the country while my PERM labor is pending, can I come back with an H1B extension after the I-140 is approved?


Yes, one could return in H1G status once the I-140 is approved, even if s/he is outside the U.S. This assumes that the priority date is not current. The AC21 H1B petition extension can be obtained even from outside the U.S. (20.Jul.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.