Can H-4 dependents stay in the U.S. while the H1B principal worker travels abroad for a short period?


Yes, an H-4 dependent can stay in the U.S. while the H1B travels for routine personal or business travel. What is not allowed is what is referred to as “parking” dependent family members in the U.S. after the primary has left the country for good or long term. (28.Sep.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.