Can I return to the U.S. using my valid H1B visa stamp, even though I want to work using my H-4 EAD?


If a person wishes to enter using an unexpired H1B visa, there must also be a valid H1B petition and a corresponding H1B job. The visa, even though unexpired, is only appropriate if one is properly eligible to enter as an H-1 – which means a valid petition and job that the person intends to perform. (08.Feb.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.