I filed an H-4 COS a few months ago and the case is still pending. I am travelling abroad this month for a couple of weeks. Can I request that my H-4 COS be changed to consular processing?


It is not necessary to request consular processing for an H-4 COS. The H-4 visa “stamping” does not require an I-539 approval. The H-4 stamp can be requested with proof of the marriage and spouse’s valid H1B status. (02.May.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.