I am working on H1B for Company A. Company B filed an H1B transfer for me. After it is approved, could I keep working for Company A and then move to Company B six months later?


It would be possible to keep working for Company A, as H1B cases are not “transferred” from one employer to the other. It would be possible to move to B later, as long as the petition has not been revoked; but that is not usually a good idea for Company B, and it could create questions for visa applications, etc, for you. (27.Jun.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.