Can I file an H1B change of employer while I have an H1B amendment pending? To do this, would I need to share the amendment receipt notice with the new employer?


In general, one in this situation should be able to transfer to a different employer, assuming the current I-94 has not expired. The receipt notice for the amendment should not be relevant in this situation. That being said, this is a complicated question; it typically would be best to consult with an attorney to determine whether this is likely to cause any complications. (14.Nov.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.