Can I stay in the U.S. after my I-94 expires if I have a pending I-539 application to extend my B-2 status?


As long as the I-539 was filed before the I-94 expired, this typically would allow the applicant to remain in the U.S. in a ‘period of authorized stay’ until the application is approved or denied. (19.Dec.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.