I worked for 1 year in H1B status, and then went back to my home country in 2001. Can an employer file a cap-exempt H1B now to reclaim the remaining 5 years?


Based upon the most recent guidance, there appears to be no time limit to reclaim H1B time. So, this should be possible. (23.Jan.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.