I am on H-4 and am travelling to India to apply for an H1B stamp. If the H1B is denied, can I travel back to the U.S. on my H-4 stamp?


If an H1B visa ‘stamp’ application is denied, one would ordinarily be able to continue using an existing H-4 visa stamp. However, consulates do occasionally cancel valid visas, even though they are not required to do so. (27.Mar.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.