I recently filed my N-400 application to become a U.S. citizen, but realized I forgot to include some information. Can I withdraw the application and then refile?


It is generally possible to withdraw a pending N-400. However, forgotten information can oftentimes be corrected at the interview, so withdrawing would not normally be necessary. (17.Apr.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.