If I plan to work from India for a year in H1B, do I need to file an H1B amendment showing my work location in India?


One can only be in H1B status if one is in the United States. So, no amendment is required to work outside the U.S. An amendment may be required when one returns, if the U.S. work location or conditions of employment have changed. (05.Jun.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.