If my H1B extension is denied, could I then transfer to a different H1B employer?


If the current I-94 has not expired, it typically would be possible to apply for a change of employer. Otherwise, the petition likely would have to be filed for consular processing. (10.Jul.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.