I was issued a B-1/B-2 visa a few years ago based on an invitation letter from a U.S. company that I no longer do work for. Can I use the same B-1/B-2 visa to visit my brother in the U.S.?


A B visa ordinarily is not sponsored by an employer. With few exceptions, once it is issued, it may be used to request admission for business or pleasure. (24.Jul.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.