My wife is invested in a partnership with a U.S. citizen friend to acquire a fast food restaurant. She helps to run the store using her H-4 EAD. If the H-4 EAD program is terminated, what options does she have to keep running her restaurant?


Unfortunately, one in this situation would likely have to become a passive investor in the business. One could continue to receive profits, but could not be actively involved in the business. (16.Jul.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.