F-2 Dependent

The spouse and child/ren of a student in F-1 status may apply for F-2 visas, if they are accompanying or following to join the F-1 spouse and/or parent, or a change of status to F-2 may be applied for, if the applicant is in the United States in a different nonimmigrant status.

How We Can Help You

  • The Murthy Law Firm can provide assistance in devising a strategy and course of action to increase the chance of obtaining the F-1/F-2 visa at the consular post abroad, especially after a previous visa denial.
  • Murthy Law Firm attorneys provide advice on F-1 status maintenance, employment issues such as CPT, OPT, STEM, extensions, automatic F-1 status, and employment extension based on the cap-gap rule, and other F-1 related matters.
  • Murthy Law Firm attorneys provide assistance with regard to change of status to and from F-1 or F-2 status.