J-2 Dependent

The spouse and child/ren of a visitor in J-1 status may apply for the J-2 visa, if accompanying or following to join the J-1 spouse / parent or for change of status to J-2 if in the United States.

How We Can Help You

  • The Murthy Law Firm provides assistance and advice with J-1/J-2 visa applications to increase the chance of obtaining a visa at the consular post abroad, especially in case of previous denials and prior immigration status violations in the U.S.
  • Murthy Law Firm attorneys offer advice on J-1 status maintenance and employment issues and assist with change-of-status applications. We also offer advice on the two-year home residency requirement (HRR) and waiver issues.