Is it possible to enroll in university part-time, while working in H1B status?


Yes, H1B workers can attend school in addition to their employment. The guidance on this is brief; it just says that the H1B job must be the primary purpose for being in the United States. So, we usually think of this as full-time work, part-time school. (30.Nov.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.