09 Jan 2017

I am on OPT and will be filing for H1B this year. If the case is approved, will I need to go for stamping? If not, can my dependent still go for stamping, since she is outside the U.S.?

Answer In general, a visa "stamp" is only required for purposes of reentering the U.S. after foreign travel. Otherwise, one can change status within the U.S. One's dependent typically should be able to receive an H-4 "stamp" in this scenario. (09.Jan.2017)In frequent sessions of our Chat,...

29 Dec 2016

DOE Response to MLF Attorneys on Validity of Degree Issued Prior to University’s Loss of Accreditation

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) generally will only recognize a U.S. degree that is issued by an accredited institution. Moreover, the accreditation must be granted by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE). How is a degree viewed, however,...

19 Dec 2016

Spending Bill Includes Extension of Several Immigration Programs

On Saturday, December 10, 2016, President Obama signed into law a continuing resolution designed to fund the federal government through April 28, 2017. Included in the spending bill were various immigration provisions, including an extension of the employment-based, fifth preference (EB5) regional center program, the...

live chat software