I was born in India but am now a Canadian citizen. Can my EB2 case be processed through the Canadian quota?


Generally speaking, a person is charged against his country of birth, not country of citizenship. Unless you are married to someone who was born in a country other than India, you likely will have to use India as your country of chargeability. (21.Dec.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.