I have a green card and recently got married. How do I bring my wife to the U.S.?


A GC holder can file a family-based petition for his or her spouse. These petitions fall under the FB2A category, so there is a bit of a backlog in visa availability. There typically is no way around that until the GC holder becomes a U.S. citizen. (18.Jan.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.