I moved to a new employer based on a pending I-485, but I never sent my AC21 notification to the USCIS. I just received an RFE asking for employment verification. Do I need to contact the old employer?


If the RFE is the standard I-485 RFE, asking for an employment verification letter, the current, AC21-based employer can provide the letter. This assumes that the current employment meets the AC21 requirements. It does not matter that the work started without an AC21 filing. AC21 does not have a required filing / notification at this time. (25.Jan.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.