I am on H1B and I plan to move to H-4 EAD. If I want to then go back to H1B in the future, would that be possible?


Changing to H-4 EAD does not make a person subject to the H1B cap. Assuming the individual still has H1B time remaining (or is eligible to extend beyond the standard 6-year max, based on a pending LC or an approved I-140), it generally is possible to return to H1B status without having to worry about the H1B cap / lottery. (27.Jun.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.