I am in F-2 status as the spouse of an F-1. I would like to enroll in a program of study. Are there any restrictions?


An F-2 dependent may enroll in an academic program on less than a full-time basis. If one would like to enroll on a full-time basis to complete a degree program, s/he should file an I-539 form to change status from F-2 to F-1. One is not be permitted to start full-time enrollment until the change-of-status request is approved by the USCIS. (29.Jul.2016)

Questions frequently reach us from students on a variety of matters. This is a sample question, answered by an attorney in our firm. More information can be found in the student section of MurthyDotCom.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.