I was laid off from my H1B job. I am now applying for a change to B-2 status. If I find a new job, can I reactivate my H1B through premium processing?


H1B status could be regained by filing an H1B petition via PP. But, it is likely that one would have to file this via consular processing, as it is not particularly likely one would be able to change from H1B to B and back to H1B in the U.S. for a number of reasons. (01.Aug.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.