I will finish my degree in two months. My DSO has just told me that he had to terminate my SEVIS record because I fell under the full course of study, but did not ask for his authorization to be able to do so in advance. Can I apply for reinstatement to F-1 status?


You can certainly apply for reinstatement. However, to be eligible for it, you should be either enrolled in classes on a full-time basis or show that you intend to enroll at the beginning of the next available term. For all practical purposes, therefore, you may want to enroll in a new program of study and apply for reinstatement to allow USCIS sufficient time to adjudicate your application while you are still pursuing a full-time study. (26.Aug.2016)

Questions frequently reach us from students on a variety of matters. This is a sample question, answered by an attorney in our firm. More information can be found in the student section of MurthyDotCom.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.