I began a full-time job recently and I have an I-140 approval from my previous employer. More than 180 days have passed. Can my wife apply for H-4 EAD with my previous employer’s approved I-140?


If the I-140 has been approved for at least 180 days, then it can no longer be revoked by the employer’s withdrawal and remains approved. It therefore can be used for multiple H1B/H-4 extensions, as well as the H-4 EAD. (18.Sep.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.