I was in H1B status, and then changed to H-4. I am now filing a change of status back to H1B. Can I begin working based on the receipt notice?


You can only work based on an H1B receipt notice if you are in valid H1B status at the time the petition is filed. If you are changing from H-4 to H1B status, you must wait for the H1B petition to be approved before you can start working in an H1B position. (12.Nov.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.