I was born in India, but recently became a citizen of Canada. My husband is an Indian citizen and is in the U.S. in H1B status. Do I have to go to the consulate to get an H-4 visa stamp?


Generally speaking, Canadian citizens are visa exempt and do not require an H-4 visa to be admitted in H-4 status. (12.Oct.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.