My employer is filing my H1B extension and my wife’s H-4 extension. However, they told me I needed to file for her H-4 EAD extension separately, on my own. Can I apply for her EAD extension while the H-4 extension is still pending? Or do I need to wait for the H-4 extension to be approved?


Assuming the H-4 spouse qualifies, it normally is possible to file for an H-4 EAD extension (or initial H-4 EAD) while an H-4 extension is still pending. (26.Oct.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.