I just filed my H-4 and H-4 EAD extensions together. Both my I-94 and EAD are about to expire. Am I now allowed to work for 240 days based on the pending extension applications?


No. While there is a rule that allows certain categories of nonimmigrant workers to continue working for the same employer for up to 240 days based on a timely-filed petition to extend status, that rule does not apply to H-4/EAD extension applications. (05.Oct.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.