Can I work in the U.S. while in H-4 status for a foreign company without an EAD? The company will pay me in a bank account in my home country.


Although the regulations regarding unauthorized employment are not entirely clear, it seems likely that, unless a foreign national has valid work authorization, performing work for a foreign entity while in H-4 status without a valid EEAD would still generally be viewed as unauthorized employment and a violation of status. (25.Oct.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.