At the Murthy Law Firm, Jim’s practice is focused on both individual and corporate immigrant and nonimmigrant matters. He handles aspects of business immigration for corporations and universities, including nonimmigrant visas and permanent residence, as well as petitions for individuals of extraordinary ability, outstanding professors and outstanding researchers. Jim is also experienced in handling applications and issues of naturalization.
Prior to joining our firm, Jim was employed for a small immigration practice in Boston, Massachusetts, handling all aspects of employment and family immigration law.
Education and Admissions
- Juris Doctorate, New Hampshire School of Law, Franklin Pierce Law Center
- Bachelor of Science, Finance Management (cum laude), Franklin Pierce University
- Admitted to the State Bar of Massachusetts
Publications and Presentations
- I-751 Joint Waiver Petition: The Story Matters, Co-Author, AILA Insight, AILA Doc. No. 16100305, (03.Oct.2016)
- Advanced Issues in Getting Labor Certifications Approved for Roving / Telecommuting Employees, Author, Maryland State Bar Association 2016 Spring Conference Materials (19.May.2016)
- Advanced Business – Relevant Issues in PERM, Maryland State Bar Association 2016 Spring Conference (19.May.2016)
- I-751 Joint Waiver Petition – The Story Matters, ILW.com (12.Jan.2016)