Timothy (T.J.) has been working in the field of immigration law since 2009, when he joined the Murthy Law Firm through our inaugural Honors Law Clerk Program. As a law clerk, T.J. worked on a variety of immigration matters including labor certifications, immigrant and nonimmigrant petitions, and naturalization cases. He also drafted many articles that have been included on MurthyDotCom.
Having completed the Law Clerk Program in 2012, T.J. now represents individuals before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the U.S. Department of State (DOS), and other government agencies in connection with nonimmigrant visa applications and petitions. He also conducts research and drafts legal memoranda on a variety of unique and complex immigration matters. T.J. has experience in complex cases, including nunc pro tunc applications and nonimmigrant visa waivers.
Education and Admissions
- Juris Doctorate (magna cum laude), University of Baltimore School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, Government and Politics (cum laude), University of Maryland, College Park
- Admitted to the State Bar of Maryland
Memberships & Professional Accomplishments
- Co-Author: No Single Bright Line, AILA Voice (Mar 2012, co-authored with Aron Finkelstein)
- Co-drafted and reviewed the AILA D.C. Chapter CBP Practice Pointer on spending time out of the U.S. on LPR Status (2012)