Joel regularly speaks with foreign nationals and employers to determine how the Murthy Law Firm can work with them to address their immigration needs. Joel keeps a watchful eye on MurthyDotCom, helping to draft, edit, and update our legal content. A self-described ‘tech geek,’ Joel also serves as a liaison between the legal departments, Client Services, and our technology area. With experience in a variety of immigration practice areas, Joel has a unique ability to reassure clients, guiding them through the process of working with the Murthy Law Firm.
Joel was awarded a full scholarship to Loyola Law School of Los Angeles, where he earned his Juris Doctor. An article he co-authored for the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review was subsequently made part of the required curriculum for an Access to Justice Seminar at the University of Washington School of Law.
Prior to joining the Murthy Law Firm, Joel spent several years at an immigration firm in Los Angeles which focused on corporate immigration matters.
- Filing successful appeals and motions for complex immigrant and nonimmigrant matters
- Obtaining waivers for clients who had been found inadmissible to the United States because of status violations or other prohibited conduct
- Counseling entrepreneurs and business executives on strategies for personnel to obtain work visas and/or become lawful permanent residents
- Providing visa assistance to clients who previously were refused visas at U.S. consulates
Education & Admissions
- Juris Doctor, Loyola Law School of Los Angeles
- Bachelor of Arts, English (Writing), George Mason University
- Admitted to: State Bar of California