Joel is a Member of the Murthy Law Firm. He regularly speaks with foreign nationals and employers to determine how the Murthy Law Firm can help them attain their immigration goals. With experience in a variety of immigration practice areas, he has a unique ability to reassure clients, guiding them through the process of engaging our services. Joel works closely with clients who are foreign national investors and entrepreneurs. Joel also keeps a watchful eye on MurthyDotCom, helping to draft, edit, and update our legal content.
Joel was awarded a full scholarship to Loyola Law School of Los Angeles, where he earned his Juris Doctor. An article he co-authored for the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review was subsequently made part of the required curriculum for an Access to Justice Seminar at the University of Washington School of Law.
Prior to joining the Murthy Law Firm, Joel spent several years at an immigration firm in Los Angeles which focused on corporate immigration matters.
- Assisting foreign nationals to obtain work authorization and permanent residency by way of investing in U.S. entities
- Obtaining waivers for clients who had been found inadmissible to the United States because of status violations or other prohibited conduct
- Counseling entrepreneurs and business executives on strategies for personnel to obtain work visas and/or become lawful permanent residents
- Providing visa assistance to clients who previously were refused visas at U.S. consulates
Education & Admissions
- Juris Doctor, Loyola Law School of Los Angeles
- Bachelor of Arts, English (Writing), George Mason University
- Admitted to: State Bar of California
- FDNS Investigations and Site Visits, ITServe Alliance Philadelphia Chapter, Speaker (2 May, 2019)
- H1B / EB5 Expo, ILW, Washington D.C., Speaker (24 April 2018)