Is it possible to change status from EAD (I-485 pending) to H1B (6 yrs completed)?


It is possible to regain H1B status after working on EAD. But, it is necessary to do so from outside of the U.S. – applying for an H1B visa “stamp” at a consulate abroad based upon an H1B petition approval. This generally is not recommended, unless there is some overriding reason to take this step. (05.Oct.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.