Is there a way to amend a pending I-485 application to update an answer?


If a circumstance has changed, or if an error is discovered, it is possible to send supplemental information to the USCIS. However, there is a risk that documentation that is sent in without a request for evidence may never connect with the case file. Depending on the nature of the information that needs to be corrected, it may be possible to submit a service request using the national customer service center in order to resolve the problem. (02.Nov.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.