I have used 5 years of H1B time. Can I go to India and apply PERM LC to make sure I apply before 365 days of my 6 years completion?


Yes, the PERM can be filed while one is abroad. The same rule for extending beyond the six-year limit based upon the PERM filing 365-day rule applies. So, this strategy can work. (09.Nov.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.