I have an approved I-140 and have been in H1B status for 9 years. If I move to a new employer, can my H1B be extended another 3 years or just 1 year?


If the priority date (PD) is not current for the I-140, then it is possible to extend for another 3 years with any employer. If the PD is current, then the extension would typically be limited to 1-year increments. (16.Nov.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.