Can an employer file GC for an employee on L-2? If so, can the L-2 worker’s stay in U.S. be extended as in case of H1B workers?


Yes, an employer could file a GC case for an L-2 employee working on EAD. However, the L-1 and L-2 categories do not have the same extension provisions as the H1B category. So, the GC filing would not make the L-2 eligible for more time; it generally is limited by the time that the spouse remains in L-1 status. (30.Nov.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.