Can a person with an H-4 EAD earn income from rental properties and/or stock trading?


The H-4 EAD allows unrestricted employment authorization. So, one may work in virtually any type of position, including self-employment (e.g., managing rental properties). As for earnings from stock, if this were passive income (like dividends, capital gains, etc) from routine stock market investments, an EAD generally would not be required. (29.Feb.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.