I have an approved I-140 and have been in H1B status for 9 years. I may need to move to H-4 status temporarily for personal reasons. Can I move back to H1B later based on the approved I-140?


Assuming the I-140 is not withdrawn by the petitioning employer and remains valid, it should be possible to be sponsored for a change back to H1B status without being subject to the cap again. (25.Apr.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.