I am on L1A. Is there any minimum amount of time I must be in the U.S. before my employer can file my green card under EB1(c) category?


There is not a minimum number of days that one must be on L1A before the company can file the EB1(c) case. The only durational issue is that the sponsoring U.S. company must have been in business for at least one year prior to filing. So, if this is a “new office” case, the GC will have to wait. (23.May.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.